Part I Listening Comprehension
Part III Listening Comprehension
1. A) Dr. Holden is the best person for the chairmanship.
47. motivation and practice
11. [A] Play the music more quietly.
2. D) They will keep in touch during the summer vacation.
48. leisure time
12. [B] The professor may change his mind
3. C) Peaches are not at their best now.
49. musicians and dancers
13. [D] She can’t go on the trip because of academic reasons.
4. B) They work on the assignment together.
50. treated as special
14. [D] It’s not certain whether the trip will take place.
5. D) She admires Jean’s straightforwardness.
51. the key factor
15. [D] The woman is applying a job.
6. A) He liked writing when he was a child.
16. [A] She is unhappy with the man’s promises.
7. B) He does not study hard enough.
17. [B] He wants to make sure that Mr. Smith will see him.
8. D) It will be very difficult for them to find John.
52 A 53 C 54 A 55 B 56D
18. [D] The man is unwilling to take a look at the houses for sale.
9. B) Its rapid growth is beneficial to the world.
19. [A] She needs some information.
一句话简介：垃圾回收咨询Garbage Collecting Company
10. C) Most students can’t afford to live in the new apartments.
57 A 58 D 59 A 60 C 61B
20. [C] Home-made candy
21. [B] Tuesday
11. A) The need for greater cultural diversity in the school curriculum.
22. [D] Priority service
Garbage collection day: Tuesday
Time to collect the waste: 8.15am
Bags for sorting out the waste can be bought in any grocery stores
The ompany does not collect any TV
Large garbage site can be found on the map via the internet
After collection the garbage should be divided into 2 categories
Before throwing the bottle, people should remove the labels.
12. A) He believed the speaker was a foreigner.
23. [D] taking a quick look at an exhibit before lunch
13. D) The US population doesn’t consist of white European descendants only.
24. [A] Through signs
14. C) By making laws.
25. [C] His social status
15. B) It should be raised quickly by hand.
16. C) It should be carried high up in the air.
17. A) There are precise regulations and customs to be followed.
26. [C] People differ from each other in facial features.
18. B) Truancy.
27. [B] Learn to recognize human faces.
Receive post - A should be done today
Answering phones - C not his responsibility
Reading emails - B next few days
Update data - A should be done today
19. C) Students with good attendance records.
28. [A] Movie actors。
20. D) Rewarding schools that have decreased the destruction.
29. [D] People differ in their behaviors and physical characteristics。
C acesses to authority
F check number
D make a list
A filling order form
E comfirm the order contract
B signed delivery note
Part II Reading Comprehension
30. [B] firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. C) People can fully enjoy individual freedom.
31. [C] $8,000.
22. D) the more diligent one is, the bigger his returns.
32. [D] See a doctor at the school Medical Centre.
23. B) became wealthy after starting life very poor.
A only Jacqueline B only Richard C both Jacqueline and Richard
24. A) Americans wish to succeed in every aspect of life.
33. [D] Human beings can make anything stand for anything by agreement.
research on internet: C
research in the library: A
check old materials of the city: B
interview the old: B
25. D) What Americans strive after often contradicts their beliefs.
34. [B] Our culture determines what a symbol stands for.
35. [C] Words are not necessarily connected with the things they stand for.
25&26 Which two topics will the focus be on?
26. C) the globalization of the economy
B family life
27. B) Information technology has removed the restrictions of time and space in business transactions.
E medical services
28. A) it should not overlook the importance of information, services, support, and distribution.
29. B) can eliminate an entire business segment.
Railway Station I
30. D) businesses have to meet individual customers’ specific needs in order to succeed.
31. A) To discourage people from insisting on having grandchildren.
32. B) draw attention to the troubles and difficulties grandchildren may cause.
too much emphasis on getting a qualification
the government should have less influence
boys in particular need a new type of school
children in small schools are happier
lessons are organized like a meeting
a boy interested in music set up a business
33. D) they find it hard to resist the carrot-and-stick approach of their parents
34. B) her parents kept pressuring her to have a child.
44. A list is then presented to the advisory committee which meets about once a month
parents are important in developing children's reading skills
conclusions: most children are better at relationships
35. C) It is troublesome but rewarding
45. If the committee likes the list, it sends it up to the board of directors which makes the final decision
46. So there’s a possibility that a stamp might be designed, but still never actually go into circulation
36. A) Quick economic returns
37. B) obtain funding from the government
38. C) They think they work in an environment hostile to the free pursuit of knowledge.
Some people think that museums and art galleries should concentrate on the works of their own countries instead of the works of art from other parts of the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
39. D) they could be influenced by their association with the project concerned.
40. C) People would not believe scientists even when they tell the truth.
Part III Vocabulary
41. A) defy
Some people believe that newspaper is the best way to learn about news. While others believe that more effective way is through other media. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
42. D) decent
43. B) scrutiny
44. A) impose
45. C) obscure
46. D) culminated in
47. B) abnormal
48. A) drowned
49. D) flushed
50. C) out of stock
51. D) absurd
52. A) cherish
53. C) stimulus
54. B) by analogy with
55. C) handicap
56. A) recession
57. D) ambiguous
58. C) designated
59. B) luminous
60. D) erase
61. B) suppress
62. C) in relation to
63. A) abolished
64. A) comply
65. D) finite
66. B) irritated
67. C) vacant
68. B) rectify
69. A) ascribed
70. B) tucked
Part IV Error Correction
1. in first paragraph > in the first paragraph
2. ultimate > ultimately
3. acceptance > unacceptance / rejection
4. end > ending
5. upon > for
6. will pick up > will not pick up
7. listing > list
8. Keep up > Keep
9. taking > taken
10. find > found