1. It must be pointed out that it is one of our basic State policies to control population growth while raising the quality of the population。
Directions: For this part, you areallowed 30 minutes to write an essay commenting on the remark “Earthprovides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’sgreed”. You may cite some examples support you view. You should write atleast 150 words but no more than 200 words。
- Wild animals have no place in the 21st century, so protecting them is a waste of resources. To what extent do youagree or disagree?
2. It is (has been) estimated that the world's population could reach 6 billion by the end of the century。
3. It must be kept in mind that there is no secret of success but hard work。
Some people argue that it is pointless to spend money on the protection of wild animals because we humans have no need for them. I completely disagree with this point of view.
4. It can be seen from this that there is no difficulty in the world we can overcome. 5. As is known man is the product of labour。
In my opinion, it is absurd to argue that wild animals have no place in the 21st century. I do not believe that planet Earth exists only for the benefit of humans, and there is nothing special about this particular century that means that we suddenly have the right to allow or encourage the extinction of any species. Furthermore, there is no compelling reason why we should let animals die out. We do not need to exploit or destroy every last square metre of land in order to feed or accommodate the world’s population. There is plenty of room for us to exist side by side with wild animals, and this should be our aim.
6. It is a common saying that man who has a settled purpose will surely succeed。
I also disagree with the idea that protecting animals is a waste of resources. It is usually the protection of natural habitats that ensures the survival of wild animals, and most scientists agree that these habitats are also crucial for human survival. For example,rainforests produce oxygen, absorb carbon dioxide and stabilise the Earth’s climate. If we destroyed these areas, the costs of managing the resulting changes to our planet would far outweigh the costs of conservation. By protecting wild animals and their habitats, we maintain the natural balance of all life on Earth.
7. It is clear that the enemy has no desire for peace。
In conclusion, we have no right to decide whether or not wild animals should exist, and I believe that we should do everything we can to protect them.
8. It is hard to imagine how Edison managed to work twenty hours each day。
- Some people think that the development of technology makes our life complex, and the solution is for everyone to accept a simpler life without using technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (2017.2.18日考题)
9. It's hard to say whether the plan is practicable。
10. There is no doubt that you will be helped by others if you have any difficulties.
11. It seems certain that they have made a series of experiments。
Earth, as aremark has it, provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’sgreed. In other words, natural resources of the world are abundant enough tomeet the demand of human beings. Nevertheless, should people exploit naturalresources of the Earth recklessly and excessively, these resources would beexhausted one day. Simple as the remark may sound, it conveys athought-provoking notion that we should effectively protect, rationally exploitand economize on natural resources。
Most people have forgotten the meaning behind traditional or religious festivals; during festival periods, people nowadays only want to enjoy themselves. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? （很明显这个题目也是由两个部分组成）
12. It is said that bats have been using radar for millions of years。
Saving suchresources as water, coal, oil and wood could ensure the sustainable developmentof the society and environment. Otherwise, nothing would be left for the futuregeneration. The Amazon rainforest, which is called the lung of the Earth, is acase in point. Due to deforestation, the area of the Amazon rainforest has beendwindling year by year and many species there are endangered。
Some people argue that we no longer remember the original meaning of festivals, and that most of us treat them as opportunities to have fun. While I agree that enjoyment seems to be the priority during festival times, I do not agree that people have forgotten what these festivals mean. (这是文章的开头段，大家关键是要理解两个部分都要回应)
13. To tell the truth , many mistakes we made could have been avoided。
In short, wehave only one Earth. On no account could we exploit natural resourcesexcessively. Hence, it is imperative for us to cherish and protect the naturefor the benefit of future generations and ourselves. Only in this way can wepreserve a beautiful, harmonious, abundant and varied world。
14. As we know, it was not until recently that the problem was solved。
15. It must be admitted that you haven't done what you promised to do。
16. In my opinion, this computer is different from that one you saw。
17. It is certain that we have a long way to go。
18. All this shows that nothing can prevent us from reaching our aims。
19. As far as we know, it took him more than a year to write the book。
20. It has been proved that every substance, no matter what it is, is made up of atoms.
21. It has been decided that we are going to build a railway whose base must be completed within this year。
22. It is obvious (evident) that the success of the innovation depends on our concerted efforts。
23. To be frank, whether you like it or not, you have no other choice。
24. It is natural that one may have trouble expressing complicated ideas in simple English。
25. What is more important, the agreement they have negotiated is being carried out.
26. We will be successful as long as we persevere。
27. Frankly speaking, what you call the truth may not apply to things happening here.
28. It is true that we must redouble our efforts; otherwise we cannot catch up with the developed countries。
29. I take it for granted that they will support this idea. I regard it as natural that they will agree to this idea。
30. In a certain sense, a successful scientist is a person who is never satisfied with what he has achieved。
31. The oceans do not so much divide the world as unite it。
32. There is no denying the fact that the new management method has greatly increased the production。
33. There is no denying the fact that the new management method has greatly increased the production。
34. Upon hearing the unexpected news, he was so surprised that he couldn't utter a word.
35. As the saying goes, nothing in the world is difficult for one who sets his mind to it.
36. Our goal must be attained. Our goal can unquestionably be attained。
37. Noting can prevent us from realizing the four modernizations。
38. Now in China, more and more families can afford to buy high-grade goods, such as washing machines, TV sets, videocorders。
39. No matter how difficult English may be, you should do your best to learn it。
40. It can be said that without knowledge of science and technology, it is impossible to build socialist modernizations。